Geisel by HomeServe, based in Elyria, Ohio, with offices in Oberlin and Medina, was founded in 1935, and provides service, and installation of HVAC equipment and plumbing systems for homes throughout northern Ohio. Geisel was acquired by HomeServe USA in December of 2018. HomeServe USA is a leading provider of service plans, repair and installation services for the home. HomeServe has been serving customers in the greater Cleveland area since 2006, where the company currently services 158,000 homeowners with over 300,000 various repair service plans across various trades. However, only 41,000 of these represent HVAC-related plans, and bringing the Geisel team into the HomeServe family will increase customer access to full suite of repair, maintenance and installation services that were not available before.
Responsible for the installation of HVAC comfort or process systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting and mechanical layouts.
Activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time
Context of activity
Standing is performed during the initial conversation with the customer, and while diagnosing/repairing the HVAC equipment.
Walking is performed from the van to the customer’s residence, up and down stairs, back and forth to the van, to obtain necessary equipment parts, to and from the HVAC equipment.
Sitting is performed while driving, completing work orders, and at times, while replacing parts on the HVAC equipment.
Lifting is performed to:
1. Load and unload parts and HVAC equipment, i.e., water heaters, tools, refrigerant, ladders and equipment to and from vehicle to jobsite. . Removing/replacing parts on equipment. Emptying/draining buckets of water removed from systems.
2. Equipment may weigh in excess of 30 lbs.
3. Buckets of water may weigh in excess of 30 lbs.
Noteworthy: frequent material handling, including lifting/carrying material in excess of 30 lbs. is an essential function of the job. Material handled may vary in size, shape and weight.
Carrying is performed to:
1. Carry tool bag to the worksite, up and down ladders and back to the van (weighing 25 lbs.)
2. HVAC equipment, i.e., water heaters, parts, refrigerant, fire extinguisher to the worksite to the van (weighing in excess of 40 lbs.)
3. Transporting buckets of water from HVAC equipment to a sink, inside or outside drain (weighing up to 40 lbs.)
4. Transporting ladders from the van to the customer’s residence and back to the van (weighing in excess of 40 lbs.)
Noteworthy: frequent material handling, including lifting/carrying material in excess of 30 lbs., is an essential function of the job. Material handled may vary in size, shape and weight.
Climbing is performed while walking up and down stairs, ladders, stepping in and out of the van and the rear of the van.
Stooping is performed while:
1. Servicing HVAC equipment
2. Removing/stocking parts and equipment on van
3. Placing equipment on van shelves.
Kneeling is performed mainly at customer’s residences, while servicing HVAC equipment, searching for, stocking and removing parts from van. Technicians may have to maintain a kneeling position for several minutes at one time. May also have to stoop while in a kneeling position.
Crouching is performed mainly at customer’s residences, while servicing HVAC equipment and working in confined spaces, i.e., attics, crawl spaces, etc. Technician may have to maintain crouched position for several minutes at one time.
Technician is constantly handling, whether it is tools, equipment, ladders, parts, computer, flashlight, paperwork, or steering wheel.
Reaching at torso level
1. While troubleshooting HVAC equipment, replacing parts and checking appliance safeties
Geisel is an equal opportunity employer