HomeServe USA, ranked as a 2016 Top Work Place, provides emergency repair plans which are like roadside assistance for your home. Our vision is to become the top-of-mind solution for consumers when something goes wrong in their home. Our incredible growth is fueled by a dynamic team who values collaboration, innovation and delivering exceptional customer service, all while working in a fun and friendly environment. HomeServe USA is part of a global organization that serves millions of customers in the US, UK, France, Italy and Spain. Come see why you should work for HomeServe USA!
The Financial Analyst provides critical support and guidance to the Finance, Account Management and Marketing teams on strategic business decisions that drive customer sales and retention. This high impact role also partners with management throughout the forecasting and budgeting season to bring clarity and uniformity to the process.
• Monthly preparation of actual retention rates, rolling forecasts and variance explanations for review by senior management.
• Perform financial forecasting and reconciliation of actual versus budget for the total business.
• Review reports on historical trends and recommend appropriate actions that will drive business decisions.
• Prepare and improve the quality of analysis for executive level reporting.
• Provide statistical analysis on various cancel and retention reports.
• Ensure the integrity, accuracy and validity of the information being reported.
• Maintain complex MS Excel an Access models used for performance and variance analysis.
• Support on-going initiative to automate, improve and streamline the analysis and reporting process.
• Develop and maintain queries to retrieve financial data from various financial systems.
• Conduct ad hoc research and analysis for department heads to ensure that the best corporate decisions are made in order to achieve operational and financial objectives.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Statistics
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant financial planning, reporting and analysis experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills
• MBA strongly preferred
• Strong analytical, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Very comfortable working with large datasets
• Must set high standards of performance for one’s self, strive for distinction in all tasks and exhibit sense of pride in work product
• Able to communicate effectively across all functions and levels including presenting ideas and financial analysis to senior management
• Able to work in a deadline oriented environment and turnaround requests quickly
• Passionate about continuous improvement and out of the box thinking
• Accounting knowledge and working knowledge of financial forecasting software is a plus
• Experience with Oracle and/or Hyperion Planning software ideal
• Ability to proactively and productively work in team setting, including being receptive, open minded and objective when encountering diverse points of view
• Well organized, detail oriented with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple concurrent tasks
In return we offer
HomeServe USA is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer.